Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd. (BSNL) was incorporated on September 15, 2000. It is one of the largest and leading public sector units which provides a range of telecom services in India.
BSNL has introduced an online portal for awarding contracts. Vendors can view tender-related information, upload the necessary documents and even submit bids online on the BSNL e-procurement portal.
Digital signature certificates (DSCs) are mandatory to participate in online tenders in India. Class 3 digital signature certificate is required to bid for BSNL e-tenders. As per the Information Technology Act, 2000, DSCs are legally valid.
System requirements to participate in Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited online tenders:
Supported operating systems:
• Windows XP professional
• Windows 7 professional
• Windows 2000 professional
• Microsoft Internet Explorer version 7,8 and 9
• Google Chrome version 16
• Mozilla Firefox version 6, 7 and 8
• The ‘pop blocker’ should be disabled. It should be selected to ‘turn off’ mode.
• The URL of the BSNL e-tenders portal has to be added to the ‘compatibility view’ list of the computer’s browser.
• The ‘smart screen filter’ should be in the turn off mode to be able to access the Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited online tendering portal.
Minimum system configuration:
• CPU speed of 2.0 Ghz
• 2 Gb of memory (RAM)
• USB ports
• Anti-virus software which is enabled and updated regularly
Recommended internet connection:
• 1 mbps broadband internet connection
Vendors can buy sify class 3 digital signature certificates at firstname.lastname@example.org/Bharat-Sanchar-Nigam-Limited-BSNL-sifydsc. Vendors can easily compare and buy sify digital signature certificates online. The DSC ensures that data shared over the internet cannot be viewed by unauthorised persons.
Vendors can make the payment for sify digital certificates online and get them delivered within 72 hours.
Once the vendor purchases the certificate, he/ she should log in onto the BSNL e-procurement portal. During the first login the certificate will be updated in the system. During login, if the ’Authentication failed’ error is displayed, the user can follow the following steps:
• The above error might occur if the sify DSC number is not integrated to the vendor’s user id.
• To use any digital signature certificate, all the ActiveX controls should be enabled in the browser.
• If these steps don’t help, the helpdesk can be contacted.
Vasco digipass key 101 is provided with each sify digital signature certificate. The e-token, in which the sify DSC is stored, is protected by a unique password. For PKI log-in, the vendor has to enter his password. If the vendor forgets his password, the token will be automatically blocked for security reasons.