Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) is a subsidiary of the Indian Railways. The division handles catering, tourism and online ticketing operations of the Indian Railways.
It is mandatory for all Rail Travel Service Agents (RTSA), authorised by IRCTC, to purchase a class 3 digital certificate from any Indian certifying authority to continue booking railway tickets through the IRCTC website. Only one authorised user will be permitted and the details of will be provided by them to IRCTC.
When an RTSA user logs onto the IRCTC website, an application will verify the authentication of the class 3 digital signature certificate. If the digital certificate is authenticated, the application will allow the user to book the number of tickets the agent wishes to booked. There are no restrictions on the number of tickets the agent can book.
Rail travel service agents who wish to carry out transactions through IRCTC should to contact the IRCTC. To confirm that the RTSA is authorised, send the Zonal Railways letter to the IRCTC.
IRCTC may form an agreement with an authorised RTSA. The terms and conditions for using IRCTC website for booking tickets online will be included in the agreement. The IRCTC Rail Agents will have to pay a one-time fee of Rs. 20,000/- to IRCTC. The only accepted mode of payment is a demand draft in favour of IRCTC which is payable at New Delhi. If the IRCTC Rail Agents withdraws from the agreement, Rs. 10,000/- will be refundable. The RTSA also has to renew the scheme annually with a payment of Rs. 5,000/-.
E-ticketing agents of IRCTC are also authorised to sell tourism products on www.railtourismindia.com , with the same user ID and password used for booking railway tickets online. The authorised agents will receive commission upon selling various tourism products. Contact the ‘Tourism Agent Cell’ for further details – firstname.lastname@example.org
RTSA can buy class 3 digital signature certificates issued by Sify through this user-friendly online portal e-sign.
Advantages of using digital signatures:
The following are the main benefits of using digital signatures:
- Efficient: RTSAs no longer have to send their staff to wait in long queues at various ticket counters. They can easily book multiple railway tickets for their various customers from anywhere on the IRCTC website.
- Costs: It is cost effective to book train tickets online. All you need is a computer and an internet connection.
- Security: The use of digital signatures and electronic documents helps make your online transactions secure.
- Identity authentication: The application on the IRCTC verifies the identity of the authorised travel agent and only allows genuine agents to book tickets.
- Imposter prevention: No travel agent can book tickets online, with your login details, due to the digital certificate authentication required.
- Hassle-free transactions: The travel agents can book railway tickets without any additional hassles.
View complete details of IRCTC e-tenders at https://www.irctc.co.in/