New Delhi Municipal Council has introduced e-procurement to bring in transparency in the process of awarding tenders. E-tendering is a process in which products or services can be procured using the internet. It helps reduce indirect costs as well as the time involved in the entire process. Once the tenderers register on the portal, they can access their account from any location in the world with the help of a computer and an internet connection.
Bidders can use the New Delhi Municipal Council online tenders portal to view all the latest tenders and the corrigenda related to the tenders. The tender schedules can also be downloaded free of cost. Additional features allow the users to view the tenders that are closing within the next seven days or within the next fourteen days. Users can also search for tenders based on parameters such as value of tenders, departments, product categories, etc. Once the vendors register on the website, they can login and find all the tender-related information. They will also receive email notifications about tender notices.
Vendors have to buy a valid digital signature certificate to filing online tenders for the New Delhi Municipal Council. For online filing of tenders, digital signature certificates of two classes can be used: class 2 and class 3.
- Class 2: With this digital certificate the identity of a person is verified.
- Class 3: For obtaining this certificate an individual has to prove his/ her identity, in person, at the registration authority (RA).
A valid class 2 digital signature certificate or a valid class 3 digital signature certificate can be used to file online tenders for the New Delhi Municipal Council.
As per the Indian Information Technology Act, 2000, licensed certifying authorities (CA) can issue valid digital signatures to vendors. It takes about three to seven working days for a CA to issue a fresh digital signature certificate. The certificates can be issued with a validity of one or two years. Upon expiry, the certificates can be renewed by paying the renewal fees.
To bid for the online tenders for the New Delhi Municipal Council, vendors need to register themselves on the official portal. Users should refer to ‘Notice to bidders’ at https://govtprocurement.delhi.gov.in. The registration is valid for one year after which it can be renewed. After registering on the portal, vendors can login with a valid user ID, password and digital signature certificate.
- Tenderers can edit their profile and update their information even after registration.
- After completing the registration process, users will receive a confirmation email. If not, vendors must check the email address provided during the registration.
- Prior to enrollment on the New Delhi Municipal Council e-procurement portal, the bidders should confirm that the status of their DSC is active on the website. As the activation of newly issued DSC may take 24 hrs or more, bidders who have a new DSC should register at least 24 hrs before the submission of their bids.